No-Pucks

Be sure to visit this website for the product my dad invented...don't be afraid to buy some too,you'll love them! www.hangerproducts.com

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Delivery

My cervix was hardly open and the baby's head was really high. In OB, we call it -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, +3, etc. We want the + numbers....Breeze said the baby's head was at -5....uh oh. Everyone, including myself, thought I was "doomed" to a c-section. (First baby, barely dilated, and baby's head up really high, and with magnesium that makes you not contract when they are giving you pitocin to make you contract = low probability of vaginal delivery). The whole pregnancy I said I wanted my epidural right away. Now, I just wanted to sit up so gravity would help bring the baby's head down. It worked!. Breeze broke my water before she left to take North home and wow...the contractions started! Mom helped me breathe through them but then I just couldn't take it anymore. Two epidurals later, John and Candy (my nurse)'s hands, and 2 bedrails later, I was comfy cozy but feeling lots of pressure. I progressed nicely after that. At 11:40 PM I was 10cm. We let nature do it's work. I pushed five times and out came our baby at 12:45 AM on Februrary 12, 2009. The cord was really tight so Breeze had to clamp and cut it before the baby's body was even out. That and being on magnesium (makes baby act sleepy) made the baby blue, blue, blue. The baby didn't want to breathe so they had to give it oxygen with a bag mask twice. We finally said "What is it?". Breeze or Dr. Brister didn't even know as things happened so fast...."IT"S A GIRL!!!!". She eventually came around and did okay-Thank God.

Katlynn Danielle Kiko; February 12, 2009; 6lb 1.75 oz, 19 inches

We cried. She was beautiful! Breeze took LOTS of pictures We kangarooed (cuddled skin to skin) for four hours so her breathing would calm down so she didn't have to go to the NICU. Then it was off to the races....lots of visitors...lots of love

Grasping Mommy's hand for the first time.

Popeye

Sleeping on Mammy's shoulder

No comments:

Post a Comment