No-Pucks

Be sure to visit this website for the product my dad invented...don't be afraid to buy some too,you'll love them! www.hangerproducts.com

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Surprise of a + Test: June 2008


John went to work early that morning to an auction and then was heading straight to a coon hunt afterwards. He wouldn't be home until about 2 or 3 AM. I was on call the next day, which was a Sunday. I woke up that morning, coughed, and felt a big pain on my right side. I thought to myself, being the dorky ob/gyn that I am, maybe I have a corpus luteum cyst (it's an ovarian cyst that sustains early pregnancies). I didn't think anything else of it. Later that day I went to Walmart to get groceries and bought two pregnancy tests even thought I thought I couldn't have been pregnant. We had been trying for about 15 months at that point. I told John I had started my period in June, but it ended up only being spotting (I never told him that part). I didn't think much of it, despite Breeze telling me I should take a pregnancy test...I told her I had taken tons of tests when that happened and it was never positive. Well, when I got home I took one test, then two, then finally the third before I realized...it was true...I was pregnant. I jumped up and down, ran around then house telling our shih-tzu Molly, "I'm pregnant Molly, I'm pregnant". I was so excited....and John wouldn't be home until early the next morning. I called Breeze. I went to Babies R Us and bought a picture frame that says "I Love Daddy". We went to the hospital and did an ultrasound and saw a tiny little sac we thought might be it! I put the picture in the frame and taped the positive pregnancy test to it. I put it in a gift bag. That night I tried to go to bed, but I just couldn't fall asleep. John finally came home at 2AM. I acted like I was sleeping and just woke up. I told him I had a present for Annie and him (his coon dog, she got show champion that night). He opened it and looked at me like, Huh?. He said "You're pregnant?". I said "yes" and he said......"How did that happen?". I laughed. Now, he's a snart man, despite this comment. What he meant though is that he thought I couldn't be pregnant because I had told him I started my period in June, when in fact, I hadn't! We cried................................................
2nd picture is first u/s picture with a heartbeat...6 weeks and 6 days old.
3rd picture is 20 weeks, baby's foot
4th picture is 20 weeks, baby's profile with thumb by mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment